Demon-E is a multi-purpose, electric multi-rotor aerial vehicle (copter).
A feature of this vehicle is a modular architecture, including:
- Module for fixing beams with electric motors having the ability to quickly assemble/disassemble or replace the beams;
- Power supply module of a battery type for an autonomous copter, and equipped with a voltage converter for a “tethered” version;
- Communication and control module including autopilot, on-board computer, and transceiver;
- Power frame.
The copter layout with upper, above the beams, location of a battery compartment provides better alignment of the vehicle, high maneuverability and reduced power consumption.
The payload is attached to the bottom part of the vehicle on a unified mounting unit, has a unified interface, and can be:
- Gyro-stabilized optical station;
- Signal repeater;
- Container for cargo delivery;
- Diagnostic equipment;
- Sighting and shooting complex;
- Non-stop winch and etc.
The Demon has fully digital/network architecture of control and communications system providing the transmission of high-resolution video with minimum delay. The network architecture allows a grouping of vehicles to work in a single network, interacting with each other, as well as with other ground and surface systems.